The Dogtra collar is a reliable and durable tool used by professional trainers and pet owners. Not only is it designed to provide accurate stimulation, but it also has a battery that is designed to be long-lasting, ensuring that you don’t have to worry about constantly charging your collar.
However, unfortunately, some owners have recently reported that their newly purchased Dogtra collars not holding charge as expected. So Why are Dogtra collars not holding a charge? The problem can be caused by a range of factors, including battery age, incorrect charging, overuse, dirty contact points, a defective battery, or a malfunctioning charging port.
This can be incredibly inconvenient and frustrating, leading to decreased control and performance during a training session.
Therefore, in this blog post, we’ll explore the potential causes of this issue and provide some tips on resolving it.
We’ll also discuss the importance of proper maintenance and care for your Dogtra collar and the considerations to consider when purchasing a new one.
Dogtra Collar – Definition, Uses, and Benefits
A Dogtra Collar is a type of training collar designed to help pet owners teach their dogs commands and behaviors.
It uses a combination of vibrations, sound, and low-level shock to provide feedback to the dog when commands are not followed, or desired behaviors are not met.
Many professional dog trainers, hunters, law enforcement personnel, and regular dog owners use this training device on their dogs.
Maximizing Your Investment: Understanding the Various Uses of a Dogtra Collar
The Dogtra Collar can be used for basic obedience training, such as teaching your pup to sit, stay, come, heel, etc., as well as for more advanced tasks like scent detection or agility courses.
Additionally, it effectively changes undesirable behaviors, like bouncing up on people or barking.
Its range of intensity levels can be adjusted to suit any temperament of the dog while still being gentle enough not to cause any harm.
Unleashing the Potential: Discovering the Benefits of Using a Dogtra Collar for Your Dog
The main benefit of using a Dogtra Collar is that it provides a practical and humane way to train your pup without resorting to physical punishment or harsh methods.
Not only does this encourage positive behavior in the dog, but it also helps build trust between you and your pup.
Additionally, this collar offers many adjustable settings to find the perfect level for your pup’s temperament and size. With its rechargeable battery life and waterproof design, this collar will surely provide you with years of reliable service.
Dogtra Battery Power and Possible Issues
The battery life of a Dogtra collar will vary depending on the specific model and usage. Still, most Dogtra collars have a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that can last anywhere from 2 to 7 days on a single charge.
To extend the battery life, you can adjust the collar’s stimulation level or turn off certain features when not used.
It is advised to maintain the battery charged and to verify the manufacturer’s specs for the precise battery life of your particular model.
And in case you face any issues like your Dogtra collar not holding a charge, there could be several issues, such as,
Why is Dogtra Collar Not Holding a Charge? – Causes of the Issue
- Battery age: Over time, rechargeable batteries frequently lose their ability to hold a charge.
- Incorrect charging: If the collar is incorrectly charged, it may not hold a charge.
- Overuse: Using the collar excessively can drain the battery faster, reducing the time it can hold a charge.
- Dirty contact points: Dirt and debris can accumulate on the collar’s contact points, reducing its ability to charge appropriately.
- Defective battery: The battery may be faulty and need to be replaced.
- Malfunctioning charging port: If the charging port is damaged or not working correctly, it can prevent the collar from charging.
- Check the battery: Verify that the battery is correctly put into the collar and is fully charged. If the battery is low, fully charge it, then see if the problem has been fixed.
- Clean the charging port: Dirt and debris can accumulate in the charging port and prevent a proper connection. Check whether the problem is fixed after cleaning the port with a soft cloth.
- Try a different charging cable: If it is damaged or faulty, it can prevent the collar from charging correctly. Try using a different cable and see if the issue is resolved.
- Check the charging unit: Ensure the charging unit is working correctly and the light is on when the collar is connected. If the light is not on, try a different charging unit or contact Dogtra for further assistance.
- Check for firmware updates: If the problem still exists, see if the collar has any accessible firmware updates. Bugs can be fixed, and battery life can be increased by updating the firmware.
- Use only the recommended charger for your Dogtra collar, and ensure that the charger is connected correctly and plugged into an appropriate power source. An unauthorized charger may cause damage to the battery or circuitry of the collar, preventing it from charging correctly.
- Make sure that you charge your Dogtra collar after each use. Regularly charging your collar will help maintain its battery life and ensure it is always ready for use during your next training session.
- When not in use, store the collar in a cool, dry place. Avoid keeping the collar out in the sun or a warm automobile for a long time. Extreme temperatures or moisture exposure can affect the battery’s performance, causing it not to hold a charge properly.
- Keep an eye on how often you’re using the collar and how long it takes to recharge between sessions.
Dogtra Collar Battery Types
Dogtra Collars offers a variety of battery types to suit all your dog training needs. The main types of batteries used in Dogtra Collars are NiMH and Lithium Ion, both of which are rechargeable.
NiMH batteries are an excellent choice for short-term use. They have a shorter battery life than Lithium Ion but are less expensive.
Lithium Ion batteries, on the other hand, provide longer battery life and are ideal for long-term use, but they are more expensive than NiMH.
Nevertheless, NiMH and Lithium Ion batteries are designed to provide the highest shock resistance and battery life.
The Dogtra collar not holding a charge can be a frustrating issue for owners. Fortunately, it is typically a simple repair.
Regularly cleaning the collar, checking for battery leaks, and replacing the batteries are all ways to ensure that your dog’s collar is working correctly and providing the protection it should.
If your collar still doesn’t hold a charge after attempting these simple fixes, you might need to contact the manufacturer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do Dogtra batteries last?
Dogtra batteries can last up to 3 months with regular use. However, this varies according to the kind and frequency of collars worn.
High-output collars require more frequent battery changes, usually around one month.
Pay attention to the battery life of your Dogtra collar, as dead batteries will reduce the range of the collar and the effectiveness of any correction.
Why is my Dogtra collar not working?
If the Dogtra collar is not working, it is essential to check the battery first. If the battery is running low, it must be changed or charged.
It is also vital to ensure that the collar is fitted correctly and that the contact points are making contact with your pet’s skin.
Also, you may check on the receiver and transmitter. It may be that they are not paired correctly, so then you will need to reset them.
Contact the manufacturer if none of these actions work to fix the problem. They will provide technical advice on the usage and troubleshooting of the collar.
How long does a shock collar battery last?
Shock collar batteries generally last anywhere from 3 to 24 weeks, depending on the type of collar, battery, and how frequently the collar is being used.
For example, shock collars with lithium-ion batteries may last longer than those with alkaline batteries.
Additionally, the frequency of shocks as well as the length of shock time can impact the battery life.
Using the lowest level of shock necessary and avoiding shocking the dog too frequently is recommended. Regularly checking and replacing the battery will also help to ensure the battery stays strong and lasts longer.
How do I know if my Dogtra collar is charging?
The best way to check if your Dogtra collar is charging is to look at the LED light on the collar.
The LED light will turn on when the collar is connected and charging. Depending on the model during charging, the light may be orange or red and turn off after the collar is fully charged.
Additionally, the collar may sound when it is plugged in and charging. If the LED light is not lit or the collar does not sound when plugged in, the collar may not be charging correctly.
Can you replace the battery of a Dogtra collar?
Yes, you can replace the battery of a Dogtra collar. Dogtra offers a variety of replacement batteries that are compatible with various collar models.
Before replacing the battery, ensure the collar is turned off and that the contacts of the collar and battery are clean.
The battery should be inserted securely by using a screwdriver. Depending on how frequently it is used, the battery needs to be replaced every one to two years.