Before starting today’s, topic which is how to make cat food at home. I want to remind you something most delicious with a quick flashback.
Do you still remember your grandma’s handmade cookies?
I can watch your expressions from the other side of my screen….
I am damn sure that you are thinking about it at this moment. You were told about the healthiness and other specs of those cookies. No doubt, all the stuff told about cookies was 100% correct.
Everybody loves his/her feline partner with no limits, but some may feed the leftovers of their meal to the feline.
Morally, it’s not a minor thing.
You must try to cook by yourself as an emblem of your love and devotion. That’s why we are here to teach you how to make cat food at home?
Looking at the other side of it, it is much healthier than the commercial kibble. Considering its cost, it all depends on you.
Here, in this article, how to make cat food at home? I will guide you from the start to the end. So, that you may transform into a MasterChef of cat food.
So, let’s start ….
The first question may arrive in your mind that,
Would my cat love it?
What do you think about it?
If you are feeding your cat different food with different recipes then it would be much better than giving her the same food all the time.
If I am making cat food at home then what should be the most needed ingredients?
It is on the top of the list of most needed ingredients. And it is for a reason. Your cat belongs to a carnivorous family. They need animal proteins in much higher quantity than dogs.
With a small digestive tract and a more acidic stomach, they can easily digest the meat within a short time.
The meat of rabbits, fish, pork, and beef are most beneficent in the case of health.
Your cat likes tuna and canned tuna much, but these are not that good for the cat.
POINT TO NOTE: Each time serves fresh meat not processed.
Do not ever serve cooked bones to your cat. The problem with them is that they can easily damage your cat’s digestive tract internally.
Always give raw bones and specifically crushed or ground raw bones.
Do you use supplements?
You know that these are taken to get essential nutrients.
Same works in the case of felines.
NEEDED SUPPLEMENTS: TAURINE POWDER, VITAMIN E POWDER. VITAMIN B COMPLEX CAPSULES, SALMON OIL CAPSULES, LIGHT SALT and LYSINE.
Is lysine worth needed?
Lysine is not necessary at all. I use this because my cat gets weepy eyes often. Which is apparently a sign of herpes.
Or on the other hand, if you notice some kind of discharge coming out of his or her eyes then Lysine will be an effective medicine for this.
Organs of animals are enriched with some necessary nutrients and are important to keep a place in your cat’s bowl.
Let’s take a look at the nutrients present in them:
These are full of Vitamin B and iron.
It is full of Vitamin A.
A very good source of Vitamin B12, phosphorus and iron. Make sure to not overcook it.
This organ is filled by nature with zinc, Vitamin B12, cholesterol, and iron.
Raw green tripe
I know it is disgusting beyond imagination, but your cat will love it much.
What are the advantages of making your own cat’s food?
Everyone does work for some advantage or profit.
Am I saying right?
So, a minor question may arrive in your mind that if I make cat food at home then what will I gain from it? The answer is described below, divided into points for your ease.
Ancestors of cats were mere carnivores. They used to go in forests and tear down the prey with their pointed and sharp teeth.
Most cats are now domesticated, but they still have the same jaw and teeth. Raw food gives them a medium to keep their teeth strong and sharp. There are also many health benefits to it.
Easy to digest
With a short digestive tract, felines are made to digest natural animal proteins quickly. While tearing or chewing raw meat, your cat’s stomach gets a signal and starts preparing important gastric acids.
We after getting mature want to imitate our childhood habits.
Well, I always do this whenever I get a chance.
So, what about you? I am sure you do the same.
Similarly, giving your cat a raw diet can imitate their natural habits. It will be more pleasant for your cat than eating kibble.
Making your cat’s food with your own hands would be a fun activity. You will come to know more things and techniques.
And the most amazing one, in the end, watching your cat eating that home-made food would be worth watching.
What is really important for cats to eat?
- AMINO ACIDS (TAURINE AND ARGININE)
- FATTY ACIDS
- PROTEINS (BEEF, MUTTON, FISH, PORK)
Some recipes to make cat food at home
Quick mackerel recipe
If you have not introduced this dish yet, then it is going to be one of your cat’s favorite dish.
- 1 cup mackerel (canned)
- 1 tablespoon organic cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seed oil
- 1-2 tablespoons of beef or chicken broth.
- Combine all the ingredients in your food processor
- Blend until it mixes well
- Serve it and store leftovers in the fridge (3 days only)
Cats often love the smell of fish. You open canned trout in a room and your cat will be right there into your feet, rolling him up and meowing.
- 1 cooked egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped broccoli, steamed
- 1 cup of trout (completely cooked)
- Pick all the ingredients in a food processor
- Mix it well
- Serve it immediately and freeze leftovers in a fridge ( for 3 days only)
I love chicken in its every transformed form. I lick my fingers after the meal too.
About 137 million chickens are being consumed per day.
Can you imagine this folk?
Cats do like chicken meat too. And it is all safe for them too. Here is a recipe for them.
- 1 cup of baked chicken
- 1/4 cup of steamed and mashed broccoli
- 1/4 cup of steamed and mashed carrots
- Broth chicken (separated)
- Add all the chicken and other foods in a food processor with only a tablespoon of broth in it
- Keep adding broth while grinding until it becomes smooth
- Serve this delicious dish at normal room temperature
Well, fish is fish for cats whether salmon or trout.
Cats are not gourmets to deal with it.
Here, I have made a quick salmon recipe for your feline.
- 1 can salmon
- 1 tablespoon of mashed broccoli (cooked)
- 1 tablespoon of brewer’s yeast
- 1/4 cup of wheat bread crumbs
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl
- Stir until it mixes well
- Serve it and keep leftovers for 3 days
Fish balls recipe
- Packed and oiled tuna fish
- 2 tablespoons of bread crumbs
- 1 egg well stirred
- 3 tablespoons of grated cheese
- Mash all the ingredients until it reaches a paste state
- Shape them into balls and place them into greased tray one by one
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Cool them at room temperature before serving
This recipe is full of nutrients and essential power needed for the start of a healthy day.
- 1 tablespoon of dry milk (nonfat)
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons of grated vegetables
- Mix water with powdered milk
- Add eggs into the mixture and blend them
- Pour the whole mixture into non-stick frypan and cook
- Just like an omelet flip it and after that add cottage cheese and vegetables on the cooked side
- Cut into slices and serve
This diet is so special in its own way. Cats like humans often get allergies from different objects including all the eatables and non-eatables.
This diet is a test diet. It can minimize all the allergies caused by:
Nuts, tomatoes, fruits, yeast, milk, carrots, cheese and eggs.
So, if your cat after eating this recipe gets cured and after eating regular meals gets on the same condition again then some ingredients in the regular diet are causing the allergy.
- 2 cup brown rice
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons of bone meal
- 2 pounds lean mutton or lamb (grounded)
- Cook the brown rice in 4 cups of filtered water. Wait until boil and after boiling keep them for almost 40 minutes
- After that add remaining ingredients and mix well
- This recipe will be served for 8-10 days. Freeze the leftovers after each meal.
What are the necessary equipments needed to cook these recipes?
- Power grinder
- Poultry shears
- Sharp knife
- Set of bowls
- Meat cleavers
- Plastic or glass freezable containers
- Kitchen scale
- Newspaper, plastic sheet to cover working are
- large cutting board
- Latex Gloves